Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 50

I cannot believe we have been here for 50 days. I hope the next 50 go just as fast and less stressful. The girls are now 7 weeks old. Today was the first time I heard any sort of "baby noise" (cry, whimper grunt) come from either of them (It was Nina)

Nina is weighing in at 2.1 oz. She's on day 4 of CPAP and doing really good . She's at 29% O2. She is testing negative for MRSA from her first culture. They will test her two more times (a week apart) with the hopes of more negative results before she's released into society. Same with Livia. So I don't think they will be reunited until mid-May. Until then it's gowns and gloves all around which is really getting on my nerves....

Livia did not have a great night. She did not sleep and could not get comfortable. Her O2 is up around 54% and her CPAP level is at 7. Her feedings have increased slightly to 4cc a feeding but b/c she's been on TPN for so long her liver is getting checked tomorrow via ultrasound b/c her billirubin levels are high.
They are given her a week long treatment of hyracortizone to help with swelling as well as lasik.
Since we are not getting the liver ultrasound until tomorrow,they are giving her phenobarbital in the meantime which is sopp to help.
Dr is hopeful that the extra swelling is the reason her breathing is not so hot. The meds should work(if this is the case ) in 24 hours. He told me we just have to wait and see---easier said than done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'd bless you and your precious girls... I pray that your girls continue to gain strength and good health!

Your smiles are beautiful - stay strong!

Unknown said...

Yay baby noises! We hope the girls continue to stay strong as they recover. Can't believe it's been 50 days already! Wow!
You both stay strong, too!

Always in our thoughts and prayers,
Chris, Kristin & Owen

Unknown said...

Hi Jason and Judith,
Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary today, 5/1. (I hope I have the day right; dates seem to stick in my head for some reason.) Remember you always have eachother to lean on and you make a great team. We pray that Livia and Nina continue to fight the good fight and get better each day.
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen (I didn't know Chris was going to write last nite.)

Anonymous said...

It figures Nina was the first one to make noise! That one is going to be trouble! We will be placing our bets on Lucky Number 7 in AC today for your 7 week mark! I don't think I'll find anything with a 51 on it! We'll be thinking of all you and hope that Livia is feeling better!

Love, Sheryl, Eric and Erin

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well, but what is happening with the babies? Best wishes to your family.