Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dandelion Wishes

When I was a little girl I picked dandelions for my mom and she would be so happy as I watched her put them in a glass of water on the windowsill. These dandelions were not weeds to me; they were a beautiful gift that I could give to my mom to make her smile. They were not weeds because they soon became magical wishes that I could wish upon and blow.

Now as an adult I walk past the dandelions and dream of the day my girls will pick them for me. I walk past the “wishes” and pick one up, and wish and hope and dream for the day my baby girls will come home and then I blow.

Livia (in pink) and Nina (in red) in their first outfits. Thanks Maria!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wishes will come true. They are coming true with everyday that the girls grow. You are a wonderful Mother and will have the good days and the not so good days all of the days of your life. That is all part of being a Mother.

Lots of Love to All of you,

Anonymous said...

Judith -

I was thinking of you today and wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day! I hope and pray that you can take those two precious girls home with you very soon! Stay strong and hang in there.
Kristin Argento

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I know that the best day of my life was the first time I saw my girls in clothes. (People think I'm crazy when I say it was better than the day they were born, but it is because it was the first time I realized that they were going to be okay.)

Kimberly
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

Anonymous said...

A perfect day for your daughters to wear their first outfits. Happy Mothers' Day, Judith! May the coming year be filled with much joy and happiness.

Love,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Judith - This is my first Mother's Day too and I hope that your girls brought you as much joy today as my little girl brought me today! They look adorable in their new outfits!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

-Jen Monaco

Stacey said...

It is so wonderful to hear that the girls are doing so well. They look great in their little outfits. Hopefully soon they can go home with mommy and daddy. Happy Mother's Day Judith.

Love,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Judith,
What a perfect sentiment on your first Mother's Day. Hope your day was filled with lots of love. The girls looked adorable in the first outfits.
Emily Dorf

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Judith. The girls are adorable in their little outfits.