Wednesday, November 19, 2008

First Santa visit

We went to the mall yesterday and Santa was just hanging out doing nothing b/c it was 11:30 on a weekday and I felt bad for him, so brought Little Miss over to see him.
I think the Santa thing will work out for Nina if I do it in installments. Yesterday I sat next to Santa on his chair with Nina on my lap. He showed her his coat and beard and she did not make eye contact with the jolly old fellow, she keep her head down. He put out his finger and told her to touch it and nope...nothing. She was not crying, but she was unhappy. As soon as I put her feet on the ground she went racing towards her great- grandmom for a hug.
So yeah I think next time we visit him, maybe she'll remember him and he will not be that much of a stranger anymore. (Who I am kidding??)

3 comments:

Jo said...

Ahh, Santa. Last year was so great and we have the best picture. Natalie was sound asleep and Abby just as happy as could be. This year at 18 months, I'm expecting mayhem. I'm so impressed Nina didn't cry! Natalie has started crying at her grandparents and my sister on Skype. We'll be lucky if we get within 10 feet of Santa!

Johelen

Jo said...

One more thing - it's so weird to me, but I think Nina and my Abby look so much alike. The last picture under "tagged" looks like her too. I'm not sure what it is: the big brown eyes, the dark hair, or the huge smile, or the chunky cheeks. Even more weird, I always think of Abby when I see Nina, but not Natalie even thought they are identical twins. Maybe I'm just really weird:-)

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh!!

Once again I don't stop by for a little while and she TRANSFORMS!! She has DEF lost that baby look! She is getting sooo big!

I remember when she was just a teeny little one in the NICU...My how this miracle girl has grown :)