Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Neo-Natal Follow Up

Today was Nina's 4 year follow up visit with the Chop Neo- Natal Follow Up folks.
Since she is 4 they made me wait outside while they toook her back to test. First they evaled her on cognitive skills and she is above average in all areas!
AMAZING!
Next was the physical exam. She grew and is now 37 1/8 inches and 32.7 pounds.
She is obviously mini, but who cares since she is at least following a curve which we were worried about last year when she seemed to leveled off.
She still toe walks on occasion and has mild resistance at heel cords so they gave us some stretches.

We discussed her feelings abot Georgia and Livia and they told me to hold them in a positive light which we try to. It sometimes is hard sinch Nina is such a verbal kid, I forget she is so young and tend to overexplain things to her. We need to keep it simple and take her cues.

I wish I had more to report. She did excellent. We do not have to go back until she is 6. We are super proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been so hard to send her back by herself. As if you didn't have enough to be proud of :)

I'm sure you are all handling her curiosity and feelings about her beautiful sisters perfectly. I'm sure she knows your love for her and for them. I think at that age just being loved and secure is the most important thing. xoxox

Anne said...

I'm so glad to hear how well Nina is doing!

Anonymous said...

Thankful for a positive update.

Hope your waiting game does not last too long.

Unknown said...

that is awesome but I always knew Nina was brilliant....after all she did choose to be friends with Ava :) Great news!!