Monday, March 26, 2007

3-27-07 15th day in NICU

Today Aunt Amy and Aunt Laurie came to see the girls and to take me out to lunch (thanks so much!!)
The girls are 2 weeks old and have all gained a few ounces. Livia is finally over a pound now!
I met the Cardiologist today while she was scanning Georgia's heart to see if PDA was still closed which it was and she said she prob would not have to see Georgia again until discharge day.
Nina was still having trouble keeping her O2 levels high and he heart rate bottoms out as well. Dr called to update today around 5pm and said Nina was still have lots of episodes. Said that they uped her Title Volume (how much air is being forced into lungs)to 19 and her O2 level to 70%. Said they are giving her a new antibiotic b/c her chest x-ray came back a little hazy so they was to start her on these meds b/c she may have a lung infection. We will know more tomorrow after her chest xray. (This is why they call this a roller coaster)
Livia is hanging tough, She is only on 26% oxygen. Dr say that she and her sister Georgia may come off the vents by the end of this week , but he was quick to add that they would most likely go back on. He just wants to give them a break on the vent.
I still have not held Nina or Georgia yet. Nurses want to get them at a more stable point before we do that.
I cannot wait till I get to hold my babies. Hopefully it will be one day very soon!!!
Please extra prayers for Nina this week-she is having a tough go at it...




7 comments:

Sheryl Lehman said...

I can't leave without a comment - come to check on the girls and her Mommmy and Daddy every day! Erin and I said our special prayer for Nina now (Erin didn't want to wait until bedtime) We hope that she'll be doing better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith,

I am out here everyday as well, since your Mom gave me the address, checking up on the progress of your beautiful daughters...They are just sooo precious.
Many prayers coming from Jersey for you and Jason, and your 3 beautiful daughters...God Bless all of you!
Love,
Margaret...(a friend of your Mom's)

Anonymous said...

Judith and Jason,
Your girls are beautiful!! Your mom gave us your website and we have all 5 of you in our thoughts and prayers. We will be following their progress closely. If there is anything that you need, please let us know!
Alexa (Maria's daughter)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,

I've been checking on the precious fox girls daily. Everyday I pray that they will continue to grow and get stronger.

Betsy

Anonymous said...

Judith and Jason,
This is a great website! Your girls are so cute and seem to have made great progress in such a short time. I'm sure they will continue to grow and get stronger. We will be thinking of them and praying often.
Erin

Anonymous said...

We're continuing to think and pray for you and the babies!
Love, Karen & Frank

carol said...

Dear Judith and Jason

You and your beautiful daughters are in our thoughts and prayers. Praying that each day they grow stronger and stronger.

Carol and Jim Snyder (jennifer Bomboy's parents)