


I had my first session of Kangaroo care today with Nina. I was able to sit in one of the recliners with my little girl for the first time, all we needed was a couple cold beers and the Eagles on the big screen. I was hesitant at first, but once I had her in my arms, all was right with the world. Judith and the nurses snapped pictures, please excuse my hairy chest.
She tolerated our session very well, sleeping through most of it but her levels were very good and her breathing was great - next up Livia.
Both girls are doing great. Livia's stomach and chest x-rays look great as does her blood cultures and CBC. If all continues well she will start back on breast milk tomorrow. Nina continues to do well, back on the ventilator but her feedings continue to increase and she is gaining weight. The doctor wants her to stay on the vent and eat and grow this week.
12 comments:
What an amazing day for you! I remember the first time my husband kangarooed our boys. I think he was in awe of the feelings he had for them!
I've thought of you often the last couple of days. We lost our older twin, Logan after a long battle in the NICU. The road you're on is a tough one, but I will pray for strength for all 4 of you!
You and your sweet girls, Livia and Nina remain in our prayers.
What great pictures. I know how good it must feel to hold your baby girl so close. We loved kangaroo care with our girls. I'm glad to hear the good news about Livia and Nina.
God bless,
Casey in CA
Oh, this was such happy news to end the day! I'm so glad I logged on.
I'll see you on Wed - hang in there!
Brau
p.s. hairy chest excused :)
It was great to see you guys with Livia and Nina - the Kangaroo Care must do wonders for all of you! I'm sure the girls need that as much as you guys do. With all the worry and sadness, I hope the peace and extreme love that you must be feeling at these moments brings you both some comfort. I will be there tomorrow.. Love, Sheryl, Eric and Erin
Those are such great pictures. I hope Nina didn't get tangled in your chest hair!!! That's also outstanding news on both Nina and Livia's progress...just don't let them watch any Phillies games right now.
Pete
Oh I love these pics. I'm so happy so see the smile on your face and the peaceful look of the babies. Way to go Dad.
I love the pictures! The girls are so adorable. The kangaroo hold must be so amazing for you both. Looks like some Eagles jerseys, in pink of course, will be needed this fall :)
So glad to hear this good news.
Amy, Larry & Zachary
Amy G is a sweetheart, but she just doesn't get it. Eagles jerseys don't come in pink. Eagles jerseys will never, ever come in pink — unless you have a little misadventure with the washing machine. I bet Livia and Nina will look just awesome in green.
Seriously, you guys are pretty amazing. With all that you have to do, and with all that you have on your minds, to take the time to keep your friends updated is a special thing. Keep the faith. My warmest wishes are with you.
Scott Evans
This might be the most wonderful thing I have ever seen. I can't even imagine how good it must feel to hold her. And, I love the chest hair.
judith and jason
we wish we could be in pa.for the memorial service,but we are still in texas .just know we are praying for all of you and you are a
constant on our minds
Love,john and kate
Thanks for posting the new pictures. The girls look wonderful. We are praying for all of you every day!
Love,
Colleen and Lloyd
This must have been a special day for both of you and Nina. Nina looked very comfortable sitting with you, Jason.
It is great news that Livia and Nina are doing well. Each positive step is such a blessing.
With love,
Bekki
Post a Comment