Georgia will get an echo this evening to see if PDA closed. If it's still open they will have to operate to close it. It's not uncommon for a baby this size to have surgery for PDA, but I really hope the medicine worked and we can avoid it!
Other than her PDA, she is breathing good with the CPAP. She loved the Kangaroo Care last night and I hope we get to do it again really soon!
Livia is doing good. Her milk is now fortified with an extra 4 calories. Let's see if those extra 4 calories will pack on some weight! Livia squirms around a lot and sometimes moves her CPAP prongs from under her nose, this causes her to destat a bit but she usually comes back up on her own.
Nina... well things are looking up for Nina. Dr Chang wants to take her off the vent tomorrow or Friday. He is giving her some extra caffeine to get her ready for the switch to CPAP. He is also going to give her a 3 day course of steroids to help the possible inflammation she may have experienced from having the vent in for so long.
2 comments:
GREAT NEWS Fox Family! We are thrilled to hear that the girls are working so hard to come home.
Love,
Shan and Jeremy
What a great update. I have been thinking about your baies often. I also have 24 weekers who are almost 2 years old now. I have one question for you about the PDA. Why are they sayin it is unusual for a baby "that size" to have surgery? Our first was a week old about a pound for her surgery and the other was just a little bigger for hers. PDA is very commmon in the NICU and it takes longer to set up for the procedure than the actual surgery.
Suzan (Suzan33 from TC)
suzyandtim@cox.net
Post a Comment