When I entered the NICU today I walked into a 3 ring circus featuring my girls. Lots of activity surrounding all three.
They took Nina's vent out and so far she is doing OK. She really needed a break from the ventilator. She is hoarse from it, so I am glad they took her off and on CPAP. We'll see what her blood gas is later on today. Eben if she is off the vent for one day I would be OK with that.
Georgia received a blood transfusion today. Her stomach is very round and hard. Currently they are pulling bile out of it. So far her stomach xrays have been good, but that can change in an hour. I did not like her coloring today, it was grayish. I think she looked a bit pinker when I left, I guess the blood did wonders for her.
They are going to do a repeat chest u/s just to make sure PDA is still open for tomorrow's operation.
Livia's been on the CPAP for a week now. Her breathing is becoming more erratic, and they have to remind her more than not to breath. Her coloring is not very good today. Her blood work came back and she does not need a transfusion so Dr thinks she may have an infection of some sort so most likely she will begin a dose of antibiotics.
I am exhausted.
2 comments:
You're doing great. Hang in there.
Thanks to all who are praying for Jason, my niece and goddaughter Judith, and my three great nieces.
I am particularly moved by those of you who do not even know our family, but are offering your prayers as well (like the family from California who recently left a comment).
I hope that your kindness will be returned to you.
The power of prayer is great.
Armand
Post a Comment