Friday, April 6, 2007

Major Setback

Received phone call at 1:30am...thought the worst... Dr called to let us know that Georgia developed an infection and the surgery must be postponed b/c if they operate with infection the results could be "catastrophic".
They are giving her antibotics and they want to give her 24 hours to respond.
Hopefully the meds will work and they can operate on Monday.
At this time we don't know what kind of infection she has. I will update when I find out more.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know your family is in my prayers. A little under 2 yrs ago I was going through the same things as you are, with my id twin girls born at 25 weeks. My smallest one was considered 21 weeks due to IUGR. Remeber, it is a roller coaster and to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME (although many times it seems more like one minute at a time) If you ever need anything I am almost always around. I am also part of the preemiemomsblog group so you can catch me there if you'd like. Good luck with Georgia and my prayers are with you all.

Sheryl Lehman said...

Just logged in to check on the girls. You are all always on our minds... we will be thinking of you all day today and will give our extra prayers to Georgia so she can fight through this.

Love, Sheryl, Eric and Erin

Unknown said...

Praying for all the girls - and super extra prayers for Georgia. Keep us posted.
Love,
Elisa & Nic

Anonymous said...

Hi, Judith and Jason.
Thank you so much for telling us about your daughters. I love the pictures you add-especially the one of Jason changing a diaper and Judith doing "kangaroo care." Your girls definately have a lot of spunk and are receiving a tremendous amount of love. You are all in my constant thoughts and prayers. I'll add extra for Georgia as she fights this infection.
Much love,
Bekki