Georgia is being diagnosed with Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). NEC is an intestinal disease in which portions of the bowel are damaged/destroyed b/c of poor blood flow, inflammation or infection. I dreaded that one of our babies would come down with this, and here we are. This can be treated with meds or most likely she will need operation over the weekend. She is in pretty bad shape, she is not peeing and is pretty much shutting down... I am terrified of what is happening. Hopefully the Doctors fix her.
The PDA surgery is now on hold until we get through this.
8 comments:
Judith,
i am so sorry to heat this latest set back. We never expeienced NEC ( but were told about it later) so I can't help you out with this one. I hope everything goes well for Georgia. You and your little ones will be in my thoughts.
Suzan
We are sorry to hear of lil Georgia's troubles. We are hoping and praying that she'll stay strong and pull through all this. The girls are in our thoughts as they always are and we'll continue to keep them in our prayers and extra special ones for Georgia today. We love you guys and those beautiful babies!
Love, Aunt Rosemary and family
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Georgia. Jaxon is having a difficult time right now also. The life of the NICU....I hate it. I will be praying for your sweet babies. If you would like to talk I am here anytime. thebrg@msn.com
Rachel
www.babysites.com/sites/mcconathy1
Judith,
we are praying for your baby and family. Please keep us updated!
Thinking of you in Virginia...we have stood in the shoes you are standing in now and we are praying for your beautiful Georgia.
I found your site through Preemie Blog Moms. I had twin boys at 25 & 26 weeks in December 2005. I know how overwhelmed you feel now, and your sweet little girl will be in my prayers.
You'll be in my prayers...
sammie
www.n8andnoah.com
We are thinking of you all and are saying extra prayers for Georgia. I typed and deleted a message at least 10 times since I don't know exactly what to say... We are praying for you and your girls - especially Georgia right now. They are fighters... we hope that you'll soon be sitting and telling little Georgia about how she fought through and overcame this most recent challenge. We are here for you.
All our love,
Chris, Kristin & Owen
Post a Comment