Friday, April 13, 2007

Packing on the pounds

Nina and Livia are starting to put on some weight!
Nina is at 1 lb 12oz and Livia is at 1lb 9oz. Hopefully by next week this time we'll be over 2 pounds!

Tonight's visit was good. Livia had repeat echo and her PDA has remained closed (YEAH) She had a blood transfusion today and was extra active for our visit. She was moving all around-stretching and kicking. She was having a good old time! Her feedings are slowing progressing so she'll be on full feed before we know it! I think she's getting 2cc's an hour now.
Nina Girl is good-she loves to sleep on her stomach, she does not like her back AT ALL. She squirms around and her stats go down and the monitor goes off. She needs to relax, b/c when she comes home she'll be sleeping on her back! She is eating like a champ and pooping like one too. Tonight I saw/changed my first poop diaper, I did not realize that it was mustardly,seedy yellow. It was pretty gross. I did my best changing her, but in the middle of the change Nina shot out more and it went all over her bedding so Nurses Melissa and Jeanne had to change everything. (That when Jason and I decided go time to leave for the night!)
PS I feel down the front steps of our house and twisted my ankle. Perfect ending to this week!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh... the poop. You'll be amazed at how many conversations will revolve around that topic! Welcome - one of the many little joys of parenthood. :) A glimpse of the "mustard-seed" variety... but wait - there's MORE!
Seriously - the poop is great news! Just means that things are moving right along inside little Nina. Livia will follow soon, we know.
Sorry to hear about your ankle. Hopefully it's not too bad.
We're thinking of you and praying for Nina and Livia every day. They're doing great - their Guardian Angel is doing well watching over them!
Talk with you soon...
All our love,
Chris, Kristin & Owen

Paula said...

Hi Guys,

Happy to wake up to this news! Have a good weekend with the girls! Judith-pamper yourself a bit, I am sure your ankle needs it!
xoxo The Engle's

Kate said...

I am loving the poop updates - it is getting AJ and I ready for the mustardy joy to come. We have been thinking about your new family all the time and we are both THRILLED that Nina and Livia are getting fatter and poopier.
I can't say I have ever said that before.
Judith, sprained ankles suck. Just remember RICE - or is it TACO? I can't keep all of the Mexican food acronyms straight. Hope your ankle feels better soon -consider laying off the stilettos for day-to-day wear.
Love you both!
Kate and AJ

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the girls are getting fatter by the day. I remember those poop days too. Breast milk on the way out is definitely weird!!

Alex & I had a similar experience when we brought Logan home. Thought it would be a good idea to change him in our bed before his feeding - wrong! Wound up changing all of the sheets. Just wait until you introduce food - it gets better =)

We will be keeping our fingers crossed for the two pound mark next week.

Take care of yourselves - and rest that ankle Judith.

Theresa, Alex & Logan

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news that Livia and Nina are packing on the ounces! And pooping! :-) We've thought of you often this week -- living with the simultaneous feelings of deep loss and great joy. We continue to send thoughts of strength, healing and peace your way...

Love,
Betsy, Bruce, Lily and Alice