This morning's visit with the girls was mixed. Both of their O2 support was up...Nina was on board for a blood transfusion... Livia was getting blood taken for labs and mucus for cultures b/c she may have infection. We will not really know for sure until tomorrow or next day. They did not stop her feedings so that's good. I brought my button down shirt all ready to hold the babies(kangaroo) but nope--- not able to do that today.
I really hate the NICU today.
10 comments:
Hi, Judith and Jason.
I wish you had been able to hold your daughters today. I'm sure those moments are the highlights of your weeks. I guess today you can turn and hold onto each other.
Lots of Love,
Bekki
I wish I could write something that would make you feel better about everything but I know that's impossible. Just know that you and your daughters have a lot of people praying for you. Hopefully the tough days like this will start to subside as the girls get healthier and stronger. Continue to hold onto eachother for strength and just know that there are many people out there supporting you with love and prayers.
Luke Harris
Judith and Foxy,
Just wanted y'all to know that we are sending prayers your way. Larry G and Kerr sent us your blog address and we check it everyday to see how things are going. We'll continue to pray for you and the girls. We love y'all,
Holly and Bobby Campbell
Hi guys,
Been following your story for awhile now. A lot of what you are going through is very similar to my family’s story (and other preemie parents out there). Feel free to read my blog, www.gottriplets.com. Maybe you can find a little comfort in knowing other people have been through similar circumstances. There is a light at the end of your tunnel, but it’s going to take some time to see it, so hang in there!
Oh, I know where you are. I wish I could tell you that it's all uphill from here, but the NICU is just that; a rollercoaster.
I know you are tired, scared and overwhelmed, but have faith in your two girls. In the meantime, you will all remain in my prayers.
www.furloughfamily.com
I cannot say anything to make you feel better, but just keep your heads up and remember that the downs are going to happen...it is tough but there will be brighter days ahead.
I know all to well the roller coaster ride of the NICU. I never thought Ashton would EVER come home. He spent 227 days in the NICU...so somewhere down the road there IS an end...
Thoughts and prayers are with you
www.ashtonjeffreykaden.blogspot.com
Judith and Jason,
I know!!! We feel the same way. The NICU absolutely sucks. Jaxon has had a few infections and has gotten through them. Your daughters are doing really well in general. I am sure a day of a little extra O2 will do them good and then they will be back on track. I look up your site several times a day and I pray for your babies each night.
Love,
Rachel
www.babysites.com/sites/mcconathy1
Judith and Jason,
I am sorry to hear that it was a not so great day in the NICU. I will say an extra prayer tonight and keep my fingers crossed that no infections have started. So glad to see that the girls are gaining weight.
God bless,
Casey
Unfortunately, the roller coaster that is the NICU only ends on the day of discharge. The only difference is the types of dips change. It goes from lifethreatening dips to going home requirements that they won't meet until they want too. I am so sorry that you did not get to kangaroo. It just sucks, but it will get better soon. You guys are in my prayers.
My wish for you today is that the bad days become fewer and further between. The girls have been growing nicely so hopefully this is just an off day that shall soon pass.
Christine Oliver Wiegand
Post a Comment