Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 37

Today I held Nina was 3 hours! This may not sound like a big deal for all of you with term(baby born at 40 weeks) babies, but for us micro preemie people it's huge! She dug it, I dug it..who cares that my butt fell asleep, my arms were cramping up, I was thirsty and had to use the bathroom... I was holding my daughter!
The whole time I held Nina, Livia's monitor alarm did not go off so it was a relaxing visit all around!

Livia's blood test came back neg for virus but her throat culture did show signs off something. Apparently this something needs to grow more for the Microbiologist Kids to ID it and tell Dr's how to make it go away.
Livia was much more active today, so the two types of antibiotics they started her on yesterday are perhaps working.

Nina had a bronchospasm (sp) around 9am today. (Hey this is normal for preemies) This is when her heart rate and O2 sat dropped big time and even bagging the baby does not work. So they gave her a shot of Arbutaral (sp)and she snapped out of it.
She was fine for the rest of the day(esp when she was with her momma!)

Daily weigh in: Nina 1lb 14oz and Livia 1lb 12oz! You grow girls!


All in all today was an OK day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know what you mean about those marathon holding sessions. I would not get up for anything. It is the best feeling. I hope your girls continue to do better.

Anonymous said...

Caught up on many postings...all I can say is the two of you are amazing. Judith, congrats on all the pumping you have done, it's not easy or comfortable but you are a MOM doing whatever you can for your girls. Again, Georgia's loss saddens us so greatly, we love you all so much.

Anonymous said...

You're right, 3 hours is a big deal to us micro preemie parents! I don't think I got to hold my boys for that long until they were much older than your girls, so they must be doing alright.

I know this is a long road for you guys, but have faith that it will get easier. You have many preemie parents who are supporting you (as well as many obviously loving and caring friends and family)!

I will keep praying for your girls, and I can't wait to hear of the day you bring them home!

www.furloughfamily.com

Unknown said...

Hi Fox Family,
We were so happy to hear that today was a better day and you got to hold Nina for 3 hours! That is the best feeling in the world. The girls are gaining weight nicely. Please have faith that Nina and Livia are fighters and they know that you are cheering them on with love. You guys have a great support system and the preemie parents reaching out to you are wonderful. I've read some of their stories and they've been down this road and found success with their babies. We are sending you and the girls all our love and strength (I really can't get you off my mind every day)...
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen

Anonymous said...

I've been checking in on you and the girls daily. Glad it was a good day. Keeping you in my thoughts...

Amy

Stacey said...

I'm so glad to hear that you got to hold Nina for so long. It must have been amazing.

Your blog is my first stop in the morning (even before email). Thanks for taking the time out of your crazy life to keep us all up-to-date.

Stacey

Paula said...

So glad yesterday was a good day. Cuddling with your little baby girl for 3 hours-how amazing! Praying the girls have another great day. Thinking of you guys all the time. Love and kisses, The Engle's

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! May each day bring you "holding sessions" with your darling girls. Keep up the great work and you are right when you say "Go Girls!
Love and prayers to you all!