Thursday, May 10, 2007

Day 60

Dr. Moom called after his morning rounds to give updates:

Livia is less puffy and lost 1 ounce (yeah!!) Her O2 support is down to 23% and he is talking about taking the breathing tube out this weekend if she behaves. She has two more days of antibiotics and she should be off the hydracortizone in a couple days too.
Her milk intake has increased to 4cc an hour continuous.

Nina gained an ounce and she has been promoted to using the cannula for 4 hours and then CPAP for 4 hours and so on. Her feeds have stayed the same.

In all, I think it's pretty encouraging news this morning.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is a good day!

I love the pics from yesterday. so nice to see Nina with her Appie. And Judith, you look great!
Diane Z.

Anonymous said...

Foxy Family :)

Just wanted to say hello and let you know we are still thinking about you everyday. We're so glad that you finally have a "good news" day.

All our love,
The Robinsons

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! I hope to see more and more good news posted! Congrats!

-Jen Monaco

Unknown said...

Hey Fox Family,
I cried when I saw Nina with her Appie...Appie was beaming! And today's awesome news was very promising. Congrats!
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen

Anonymous said...

That's great news. I can only imagine how happy Appie was to be holding Nina. Stay strong and keep up the good work girls! We're saying lots of prayers for you.
Alexa

Anonymous said...

So happy that some prayers are being answered!!!! Glad the morning news is good news!!! Keep it coming! Love, Mary Beth, Tony, Molly, Jordan and Noah

Jennifer and Vincent Calvanese said...

I thought I saw you smiling when you left today... Good News All Around for the Foxy Ladies.

Shannon said...

So glad to hear good news from you!!! Always thinking of those precious baby girls....

BTW, Ashton was also a 24 weeker :)

Anonymous said...

What a smile - Appie!! The pictures you guys take are wonderful. It's great to hear that both girls are doing well. They are certainly little fighters but you can't deny that all of the warmth and love they have from all of you guys must be giving them that little bit extra - they must crave it as much as you guys do. Always in our thoughts... Love Sheryl, Eric and Erin

Anonymous said...

Great to head into Mother's Day Weekend on a high note!
-Luke

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day!
Erin