Today we had our meeting with Doc Snyder and some other key members.
Long story short...They are giving Livia about two weeks to get it together with her feeding and breathing...
If she does not improve over these next two weeks we are going to seek a second opinion for her care at either CHOP or St Chris's. We are feeling very anxious and concerned for Livia b/c tonight she refused her cannula try and stopped breathing and needed to get bagged plus she refluxed about 9cc of milk (she has not done that in over a week)
As far as Nina, she needs to get her feeding time down to 30 minutes before we can give her a bottle. She and I will also work on breastfeeding. She needs to get bigger and weaned out of isolette. I am sure a lot of other things need to happen that I just can't think of right now.
We are hopeful she will be home by her due date of 7-1-07.
3 comments:
We are all hoping that Livia gets whatever it is that she needs to come home...you are her voice. We will think of you all over these next two weeks especially.
I hope that Livia's condition improves over the next 2 weeks. Let us know if you want any CHOP recs from us...also, we have a FABULOUS pediatrician who works with the CHOP faculty practice...we'd be happy to put you in touch. It does mean coming into the city for the girls' appointments, but he has been able to get us appointments with the best specialists REALLY quickly and we LOVE all of them. Equally important, we trust them all.
We're thinking of you guys!
I am glad that you are going for a second opinion. Sometimes it just takes other kiddos longer. Prayers for both the girls tonigh and a huge cyber hug with chocolate brownies for mom!!
Post a Comment