Monday, June 4, 2007

Daddy's Turn



After watching mommy feed Nina a few times daddy figured he should take a crack at it. At about 9 pm to night I gave my little girl her first bottle feeding. I was a nervous wreck... was I holding her head right? is she getting enough? how do I know if she burbed? All legitimate questions I might add but after assurance from mom and nurse Laura that I did an ok job I felt a lot better. It is really amazing the joy you get from doing something so simple!!!!

As Nina grows she continues to be much more interactive. After tonight's feeding Nina was wide awake and wired. She stared at us as we talked to her and was fixated on me as I sang what I hope will be our song, "Whenever I See Your Smiling Face" by James Taylor. She was so fussy that even as we leaving tonight around 11 pm she was still wiggling around until nurse Laura put Nina on her belly.


She is continuing to progress as her feedings were moved to 12 ml every 3 hours which will change to 14 ml's at midnight. Nina also continues to breathe without any support. We also learned that tomorrow will be the last for TPN as her feeds continue to increase and approach what they were before her GI study.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Fox Family!
Looking good Daddy-O! We are thrilled to see so much positive progress with Nina. You go girl!
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at Nina checking her daddy out!!! She knows how to melt your heart already!!
Emily D

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you feeding Nina, Jason. You're all doing a great job and I'm happy Nina is making such great progress!
Luke & Family

Anonymous said...

You brought a tear to my eye. I am so happy that you are beginning to experience the simple joys of parenting. Nina looks wonderful and I think your song choice is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Seeing these photos and the positive progress are a great way to start this day!! Thanks for sharing. Our prayers are with you.
- The Ros Family.

Anonymous said...

we're so happy that Nina is doing so well. She is such a beautiful baby and to see the joy in both your eyes is fantastic.
God Bless all of you!
Kate and John

Sandy said...

What a beautiful, beautiful girl! She is so blessed to have such wonderful parents as you two.

Anonymous said...

I love the look on Nina's face as she stares up at you, Jason. I know what you mean about the simple joy of feeding your baby. That is one of the precious gifts we get from a baby. We slow down and savor the special moments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first feeding!

Bekki

Anonymous said...

Priceless photos.......Beautiful!
Rose, Al, Dominic, Enzo

Anonymous said...

Great job Daddy! Nina looks beautiful...just like her mommy.