Sunday, June 3, 2007

One less wire!

Today I got to feed Nina and she did great. The Drs are going up on her milk intake very slowly. She is only getting 8 cc every 3 hours.
Dr Fry(GI guru) came in today and said Nina looked wonderful and we cannot rush the belly so slow and steady we go.

I washed and brought in some of Nina's mini preemie clothes today(very exciting fo
r us) She is slowly getting weaned out of the isolette so she is able to wear her little outfits now. She is weighing in at 3 pound 9 oz!













Since Nina's doing great breathing on her own, the pulse oximeter monitor was removed! This is great for Jason and me b/c it's one less number we have to worry about on her monitor screen. (Yes we know Nurses, we should be looking at the baby and not the monitor :)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah how exciting! She is doing so well and looks great! Keep on truckin Nina so you can get out of there real soon!
Emily D

Anonymous said...

THIS IS AWESOME! Love the pictures... so glad to see you smiling. Go Nina!

Adelina misses everyone, but she hopes to see you "on the other side" real soon.

Unknown said...

Hey Jason and Judith!!

Nina is beautiful! I miss you both and I think of you all everyday. I hope that Nina does get big and strong and makes it home by July 1st. I just wanted to let you know that I love you and you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope I get to see you sometime soon!

Lots of love~~ Emily O!!! xoxox

Anonymous said...

GO NINA!!!!

I love these pictures!!!!!

Stacey said...

YAY! Nina looks beautiful. Way to go girl!

Stacey

WeeOnesMommy said...

Love the pictures.. and I am so happy for you and your family.. You have been through so much already and it's wonderful to hear some good news...
As a mom to a 24 weeker who is turning one in a few more days. I know the joy you get when the wires start to come off.. It a little thing to some people but a milestone to us..

You go NINA...

In my thoughts..

Jessie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family picture with Nina eating! She's getting big.

Keep up the good work little girl!

Sharon

abby said...

It's great to hear about getting rid of the pulse ox (we had ours for MONTHS after Hallie came home and hated it; we still have it on top of the TV in her room) and on the progress with her feedings. Nina looks gorgeous. Keep up the good work, little girl!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Nina is looking like she's well on her way to coming home with you guys! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!

-jen m.

Anonymous said...

Nina looks great! Nice to see her eating like a big girl!

Shannon said...

I am so happy to hear how well little Nina is doing!!!! It is about time that things go good for you guys. I will keep praying and thinking of her!

Anonymous said...

she's a beefcake! Countdown begins until we see you Nina!! 12 more days!!! Keep it up!!
Love Aunt Heather, Uncle Vinnie, Ada and Benny!

Unknown said...

Hey Fox Family,
Love the perfect picture. Love that she is taking a bottle. Love you guys.
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I can't believe how big Nina is getting. Really glad to hear the news on her great progress this week! Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you!

Kelly Sborlini

karen said...

What a great day for you both! We're excited she's doing so well and holding her own. Way to go, Nina girl! Keep it up!
Love, Karen & Frank

Anonymous said...

Love to see Nina sporting a print of the season! She looks so cute - and she's taking her bottle like a big girl. We are happy to see her doing well today :)

Love,
Joe and Niki

Anonymous said...

Nina, you are beautiful!!!!!!
Luke & Family

Anonymous said...

Nina's cheeks look so kissable! She is beautiful and looks adorable in her outfit.

Love to you all,
Bekki

Anonymous said...

What great news & a great shot of the Fox family all together! We are so happy to hear that Nina is doing so well. You all remain in our daily thoughts and prayers.

Betsy

Minnesota Momma said...

Woo Hoo! Great news! Love the pictures. She's so cute in her outfit.

I can vividly remember the day that they d/c'd the monitor. My heart was beating so fast and I kept glancing at that blank screen. I remember the doctor telling me the same thing, "I want you to look at your babies, not the monitors."

I'm so happy for you guys.