Nina's off the IV (It blew last night at 4am) She'll be up to 28 ml tonight and they are increasing her milk intake pretty aggressively so we should be up at full feeds soon. She is receiving milk with fortifier.
She is off the caffeine, her breathing treatments have been discontinued, she is off the diuretics. (We told you all Nina would kick NICU Ass in June)
The next obstacle we face is the eye exam later this week. Nina has Stage 2 ROP and we will see if it has progressed to the point laser surgery is needed.
All we need to do is take every feed on a bottle and get past the eye test/maybe surgery and she will be
Nina -don't- let- the- door- hit- ya- in- the- ass-on- your- way- out Fox!!

8 comments:
Well, Mom may be stressed BUT our Nina looks cool and very comfortable. So Mom take your clue from Nina and take a deep breath when you feed her. She will tell you when she needs a break. Slow and easy as it goes. She is a Beautiful Baby just like her Mommy.
WOW! Great work Nina:) I think about your family often and am so glad to hear about all of her progress. Yes, it's scary at first to watch the baby instead of the monitors, but you and Nina will get the hang of it!
Good luck,
Casey
Nina will be home before you know it. Judith and Jason you are doing a tremendous job, Nina is so lucky to have you. Judith, as I understand being a parent is nerve-wracking, so don't worry about being nervous. Nina is thriving off the love, affection and support you give her everyday, whether you are breathing or not... As dedicated and in love you are with Nina, just remember she is just as dedicated and in love with you. You are doing a great job!!
Great news! Judith and Jason, you guys are doing such an amazing job. You guys are an inspiration. I'm so happy to hear that Nina is kicking NICU butt. She is one tough (and cute) cookie. Hopefully she'll be snuggled up in her bed at home soon.
Love,
Stacey, Aaron and Evan
Nina looks beautiful. Being a new parent is already stressful - I can't imagine having your added concerns. Taking deep breathes is all you can do for now, but in another month you will won't even remeber that feeds were stressful.
I am so happy to hear how well Nina is doing!!! The breathing, sucking and swallowing is VERY stressful. Ashton still can't drink a bottle and he'll be two on Sunday! (Reminds me of NICU times)...keep your heads up and I will keep my fingers crosses that Nina will be home soon!!!
Judith really was sweating, but she was also smiling :) Mommy loves you Nina Girl!
I can't get over how beautiful she is- I was just looking back at when Nina was 5 days old- oh my God- how far she has come! Nina- your on your way home!!!
Post a Comment