Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A few firsts

Today Nina tried her first real food: Peas. She liked them (I think...she did not gag or spit back up, so I take that as a good sign)
She also has her first case of the sniffles...Yep...no fever (knock on wood) just nice gross boogies...stuffed up...we broke out the humidifier at 5am last night... So being the cool parents we are, remembering when we were kids and feeling not so hot, we did what all parents do---Let the kid watch TV!!! Nina was introduced to Sesame Street tonight.

So that's our day in a nutshell: Boogies, Peas and Big Bird: All Nina's firsts!

2 comments:

Casey's trio said...

The the pics...I'm sure there will be many more like that, but maybe with a Philly game on?

Anonymous said...

YAY for peas! You are braver than I. To answer your question that you asked on Lincoln's blog, he takes about 26 oz. every day, fortified to 27 calories. If I get ANY solids in him, I'd say it's just a couple of TBS. of whatever I try. I don't even count it as calories on Lincoln's spreadsheet. I'm trying to get him to average 700 cals per day. According to his weight, they say he should be eating more like 790 calories to gain weight like he's supposed to but he's been gaining so far, always eating behind...Hope that answers your question. I think we'll be on mostly liquids for AWHILE!