Monday, October 8, 2007

Neonatal followup


Nina is 3 months corrected age so we had our first, of I am sure many appts, with the neonatal follow up clinic today. It went really well...Nina was alert and pleasant during the exam.
Nina stats: weight: 11.1, length: 21 1/4: head 15 3/4. Dr was happy with her growth!
The Dr checked her eyes, lungs, heart, ears and all are normal! (whew!) Nina tracked "beautifully" and turned to see the bell ringing...She checked her reflexes and Nina's newborn reflexes are almost gone which is great. Nina showed some mild low (loose) muscle tone around her shoulder girth, Dr said this is very common for preemies and as of now it is "trivial" . I told them that she had started cereal (spoon feed) about 2 weeks ago and they were surprised Nina was actually taking it. (My Ped told me to start so I did) However Nina is getting about 95% of her calories from Enfacare formula.

The Dr told us that Nina is doing better than the average 24 weeker she has seen.
YOU GO NINA!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. She looks fantastic and healthy. I'm glad to hear she is getting such great reports.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

It is difficult to believe that beautiful baby with the chubby cheeks and round belly was once so tiny! She looks wonderful and happy. Congratulations on your awesome doctor report!

Bekki

Anonymous said...

Adelina says that Nina is the bomb. Stay healthy and keep those lungs clear!

Sarah Furlough said...

Well, Nina is definitely more than just the "average" 24-weeker! So glad to hear you had such a great follow-up. Keep up the great work!

Cora said...

Wow, she is starting to get so beautifully chunky! It almost looks like a wrist roll is forming. So glad that her first follow-up went well. I'm not surprised that she's over achieving...she has 2 sisters rooting her on.

Anonymous said...

Go Nina! Go Nina! GREAT news. She's a doll...So, Lincoln has a few girlfriends, but I was wondering if Nina could be his PRIMARY? I just showed him her picture and he laughed...I think she's a winner! Would she go for an older, more experienced guy, you think?

Jennifer said...

Yay Nina!!! I am still rpaying and the prayers are working!! She is way more hen "an average 24 weeker" she is a true Miracle!!