Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Food

For the past couple weeks I have been thinking about phasing out the baby food. I think(I know) the reason I am hanging on to it is because I know exactly how many calories are in each jar. Well Nina is getting a bit bored with(sometimes pushing away the spoon when she sees the big girl food coming out of the microwave) She is doing well with "toddler foods" so I am happy to report that we will be finishing up the jars of stage 2 and move up to the big time! (Thanks Grandma for buying us some of the baby food in the past...you will have to think of something new to spend that cash on ha ha)What I do now is give her 1/2 jar of veg and 1/2 jar of fruit then pasta, meatballs, fish etc... I guess now it will only be the latter. Oh My! I have said it before, and I think it to myself almost daily, but we are sooo darn fortunate that Miss Nina escaped the eating issues so many of our micro preemie friends face.
Here she is feeding her baby !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go big girl and Mommy! I know it is hard to let go of that control but you are doing a great job!