Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day weekend-Livia



Here we are, one year later...memorial day weekend. the one year mark of Livia's passing.

At the time we were just going through the motions... just wanting her to live. We would have been faced with many tough decisions had she stayed with us. Can I be bold enough to say that God made up his mind for us, and we got a break?
Having triplet 24 weekers, I knew the chances of me going home with three babies was slim.
It was just so damn hard after holding and loving and dreaming about life with Livia that she was taken away after 2 1/2 months of knowing her. Even though she was super, super sick and her body was shutting down, it just stung.
Livia was a sweet baby. I hope she was not in much pain. I hope she heard our hearts beating as she laid against our chest. I hope when we held her she felt very loved .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you.

Sarah Furlough said...

Rest assured, she knew she was loved. I can't promise it will ever get easier, but the memories will become so much sweeter. You'll start to forget the rough times, and all of the precious moments you had with Livia will become so much more precious.

I am thinking of you this week. Logan's 2nd anniversary is on Saturday. Hopefully, he and Livia and Georgia are playing in Heaven.

Thinking of you...

Cora said...

Oh yes, Livia knew how very much that you and her sisters loved her. It's why she fought, and fought to stay here with you for so very long. We're thinking of all of you today, on this horrible anniversary, and hope that you begin to find peace and comfort in some of Livia's good times.