Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Anniversary


Tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of Nina's homecoming. She was 14 weeks old and 4 pounds when she came home that day. She came home with the apnea monitor and O2 for when she ate. I stressed out most times while feeding her b/c I was afraid she would stop breathing(like she did on occasion in the hospital and a couple times at home) We ALWAYS fed her sitting up until she could hold the bottle herself.

Little by little, we got our act together and I was able to work from home with her napping in her swing next to me. Less then a month of her coming home, we kicked her out of our room(she was in a bassinet) and put her in the crib(she was too noisy for us to get sleep) Soon after, her naps were taken in the crib as well. Nina has always been a great sleeper and I think it's b/c we never rocked her to sleep. Hopefully she will continue being a good sleeper.

I shake my head when thinking back over this past year-the doctors appts-the weigh ins- our home nurse, Cindy who checked on Nina once a week- the Cigna case worker- getting her ears tested, hoping she could hear in both ears b/c she keep failing- the eye exams-the constant fear of germs-purelling my ass off-making everyone else Purell themselves-putting a net over her stroller so nobody would touch her--LYING ABOUT HER AGE-- oh man it was an insane year for new parents.

Having those baby girls 4 months early was heartbreaking.
I count my blessings everyday for Nina and Jason.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary! Nina is absolutely beautiful.

Eliza's homecoming anniversary is coming up soon too, and that's a day I do enjoy celebrating.

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary! Nina is just amazing! I don't think people realize how difficult that first year is for preemie parents. These have been the most difficult months of my life. But, I too count my blessings and am so grateful for my husband and Olivia. They are the ones who have gotten me through. I almost see myself celebrating Olivia's homecoming more than her birthday.

Sarah Furlough said...

What a precious miracle Nina is! I am so glad she is so healthy, and so happy for you that she has continued to beat the odds!

Happy Anniversary!