Tuesday, July 1, 2008

They say it's your birthday...again

As my readers know, micro-preemies have two b-days-actual and adjusted. Today is Miss Nina's adjusted B-day...So she is 12 months old now and should be meeting the milestones of a 1 year old. Her Early Intervention people go by the adjusted age when assessing her development.
It's funny(confusing funny, no Ha Ha funny) b/c our peed goes by her actual age for everything.


I really thought I would have something profound to say about today, but nope...lost for the words.
I will leave you with her wobble walking behind a
toy!

.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Happy 'adjusted' Birthday! :)
Keep working on the walking!

Love,
the Hedgelon's

Anonymous said...

Looks like Nina will be walking any day now!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Happy Due Date!

Does your paed work with prems or is he "just" a paed? I only ask because it seems a bit odd that he'd access Nina based on her real age.

Cora said...

Happy Adjusted Birthday Miss Nina! You're really starting to get the hang of walking...you'd better warn Mommy and Daddy that it won't be long until you're into everything!

Hagen and Mason said...

I love that you mentioned the adjusted and actual. I still get funny looks when I mention that. Hagen and Mason want a playdate... maybe we can meet in the middle? What is inbetween Dallas and Philly? :-)
(Oh and my pedi also goes by actual. He told me it is actually a compliment on how well our kiddos are doing... they are on the curve, so he doesn't need to adjust.) So, Good Job Nina - and Mom!!!

Nathali said...

Happy Due Date Birthday!!! I felt the same way, a loss of words. I thought that the adjusted birthday would be a big deal for us, but not really. I actually looked at your blog a while back.
Nina seems to be doing GREAT!!! Michael's NICU buddy is Nina (she lost her twin brother after 11 months in the NICU). The Nina's show us that they are very very strong!!!
Keep up the good work Nina. It's amazing how these 24-weekers thrive!!

Valeria said...

I love see Nina!!!! wonderful!