Happy New Year!
We are doing OK over here. Nina was sick earlier in the month.
Another double ear infection plus a cold that found its way into her lungs. So it was Albuterol every 4 hours plus we are now proud users of Pulmicort. She is currently on it 2x a day and next week will get it once a day until May.
I suspect tubes for the ears are in her future.
Since Nina is turning 3 soon(can you believe it) we leaving EI and getting an IEP. (I hope I am saying that correctly)
Not sure what/if she will qualify for services. Currently she gets PT and OT once a month.
I am reading through the questions for the IU:
Does Nina attend preschool? YEP since April 09 she goes 3x a week from 8:30-4pm (the best thing we ever did for her)
Favorite activities: Painting...she loves watercolors. playing babydolls...having a catch with Daddy...looking through books...legos...
Next question is what is she good at? what an odd question to me... What's an almost 3 year old good at? I am 35 and still do not know what I am good at...
She is good at saying "No I no like that"...I will have to think on this question...
What else? Potty training has stalled once again. She is just not ready and we are not pushing it.
We have not put the bed together so still in the crib. We waiting on it since she was sick and did not want to change her place around.
She is still a sassy little girl is very talkative. She loves when I paint her nails but hates getting her hair brushed. She still will only let me put in barrettes. She refuses anything with ponytails which makes me sad. (haha)
4 comments:
I had a lot of starts and stops with my son concerning potty training too. Then one day he told me he wanted to use the potty and that was it. He had an accident or 2 since then but now its smooth sailing. I guess it really is true that they are ready when they're ready
loved your post! The boys are also about to be out of ECI and be picked up in the school. I was going to enroll them in preschool and wasn't sure how many days. I'm glad you think it is so good for Nina... we should have started the boys in it sooner.
I also agree about the potty training! We started and then stopped - they were not ready either. I think we will start back after their birthday.
Oh and the 'no' ugh! I'm so tired of hearing, no.
Hope all is well!
Leslie
I just wrote in my 'what is she good at' category ... she likes to climb on things and raise hell. Can't wait for them to open it.
Those are the kind of things you want to remember...and too quickly forget. I'm already regretting all the things I've NOT written down...
I wouldn't worry about the crib. I'm all for keeping them in the crib until they start climbing out of it. I figure - the more contained, the better!
Post a Comment