I know I do not update this blog as much as I should, but I wanted to update you guys on Nina's progress these days.
A few weeks ago we moved her into a toddler bed! We made sure her first experience sleeping in it was naptime and it worked out great. I can't believe we were so nervous that she would not transition well to a bed.

Nina's been water coloring and using other paints for a while now. It's one of her fav things to do. She can sit for an hour or so and paint stuff for us.
She still loves her babies and tells us repeatedly that she has a baby sister in her belly and she will come out on her birthday and play babies with her.
She'll be 3 on March 11. Crazy! If you would have told me in the NICU that she would have turned out this strong and smart and just able to be a "3 year old" with other kids, I would have never believed it. EVER. It's just amazing to me that she escaped so many preemie issues...I will say I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I think that is normal.
As far as Nina's stats. I think she is about or over 30 pound mark. She is still on the small side for height coming in at 34 inches. She eats like she is a 15 year old boy.
She is jumping now with two feet off the ground. She likes to think she is great at forward rolls, she can do them , but most of the time they are sideway rolls.
She is doing well at school and loves going to see her friends.
4 comments:
Thank you for updating all of us here in blogland. So glad Nina is doing well and surprising you with her strength and knowledge. So thankful for the blessings she has received and has provided you. May she continue to grow and thrive and bring you much joy and happiness.
Doesn't seem like it has been 3 years since those days back in the NICU. Just look at how far our girls have come.
Jen
She is just beautiful!
I love Nina. She makes me smile with that huge, happy grin of hers. I'm so happy she is doing so well.
Since Abby just fell out of her bed (see latest blog post!), toddler beds are soon in our future. I hope our transition goes as well. I'm trying to figure out to to keep them in their OWN beds!
BTW - thanks for the encouragement on the germ front. I know they have to get out there one day. But, I sure hate drippy noses. I figure I'll get them well so we can go out and get sick again - over and over again for as long as it takes!
Post a Comment