Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's the word...

So I wanted to tell you guys that once again we had some bad shit happen over here trying to build our family.
I found out I was pregnant in March and we were super excited. My first trimester screening came back 1/8 for Downs so I got an amino. When Doc did the scan before the amino he noticed bright spots on the heart. So went went to CHOP a couple days later for a fetal echo cardiogram. There we found out that our son had hypoplastic left heart syndrome. (The babe did not have downs by the way) In addition to that the right ventricle was leaking so the odds were not in his favor. So we made the decision/or the decision was the best for the baby and ended the pregnancy at 16 weeks. This was on June 11. You know I read all these blogs and hear people put their fate/faith in God and blah blah...I just do not get it anymore. But anyway that's a whole other post.

So at this point we are finished shaking our heads (how can this shit keep happening to us)and throwing up our arms(instead we held on tighter to Nina). I think after what happened last year, we can get through any fire walk.

We have opened our hearts and minds to domestic infant adoption. This is something we have talked about on and off through the years and we are going forward with this. We have hooked up with an agency and the paperwork is beginning to process!!

15 comments:

Anne said...

Judith, I am so very, very sorry. I don't even know what to say. I don't get it either. The sheer unfairness of what you and Jason have been through is beyond wrong.

Thinking of you...

Cora said...

I think of you and your son all the time. So unfair. Please know that he isn't forgotten, especially by me.

I think that the adoption idea is wonderful! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it progresses smoothly and quickly for you.

abby said...

I am so sorry, Judith. We were devastated to read your post this morning. What your family has been through is beyond unfair.

Many hugs from all of us.

Only the Sheppards said...

Wow. That sucks. That really, really sucks. I'm sorry to hear it, and I'm angry with you. I'll never understand why the people who would make the best parents get the short stick so many times. It. Just. Sucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh Judith. I am SO sorry to hear that you have been put through a time of immense joy, only to have it end in turmoil again. Thoughts and prayers with you all. May you go through the easiest adoption process ever and hold a baby in your loving arms sooner than you could ever imagine. I am glad you have Nina to hold tightly too. Sending hugs to you across the miles.

Jen said...

Judith, I am so sorry. It is just so unfair. I hope the adoption process is a smooth one and that you have a new addition to your family soon.
Jen

Sarah said...

Well, I totally get you on the God part. Hard to keep putting your faith into something when you keep getting hurt.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, but I want to congratulate you on the adoption! I will send you many many positive thoughts and well wishes!

Unknown said...

Steph's sister Nat told me about your new post. Good luck with everything as you enter another chapter! Keep us posted if you need anything! Love, The Engle's

Sarah said...

I am so, so sorry.

I hope the adoption goes really, really smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the putting faith in God thing has gone out the window for me too after our loss. I'm sorry about Livia, Georgia and your precious son. This latest heartbreak is unfathomable.

Catherine W said...

I am so very sorry. For the loss of Nina's sisters and for the loss of your sweet boys.

As has already been said, I'm sorry and I'm angry. It is very, very hard to understand why.

I wish you the very, very best the adoption process.

Anonymous said...

We were heartbroken again for you when Jason told us the news.

I'm happy to hear you're looking into adoption and I hope that everything goes as smooth as possible.

<3

sbeers said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Jason are such wonderful parents. It will be a very lucky child that gets to become part of your family. I hope your process is speedy and smooth. My son's adoption was almost 2 years ago and the joy continues every day.

Jo said...

Oh my god Judith. How in the world it is possible that this could all happen to you again? My heart breaks again for you.

My fingers pause on the keyboard as I search for just the right words that are encouraging without being patronizing. So far - I've got nothing. I wish I did.

You and your family - here and gone - and never forgotten.

Kristi said...

I am so sorry for your loss Judith. Once again, I find myself thinking how unfair. I love how you are pushing forward though, and are planning to adopt. You guys deserve some HAPPINESS! Which I know you've got Nina, and I know she makes you happy. :) But you know what I mean.

I hope the adoption process goes smoothly. I know you and Jason have so much love to give to a child!