Saturday, April 21, 2007

Gowns and Gloves X 2

So both the girls are in isolation. Yep.. Seems that Nina has an infection too. The mucus culture they took from her on Thursday finally decided to grow something today. We do not know what this is, but they want to take every precaution so we have to wear gown and gloves to touch one baby then get new ones to visit other baby.
As of now, Nina is not sick, she does not have pneumonia ...the culture they took was from her old NG tube so maybe it was just a colony of bacteria... They put an IV in and she will be getting antibiotics today... So that's that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful news that Nina is already 2 lbs.! Sending strength and healing to sweet Livia and Nina. We hope the antibiotics start doing their work very soon.

Love,
Betsy, Bruce, Lily and Alice

Casey's trio said...

God bless you....This damn NICU road seems so long at times. I will keep praying for you guys. I hope the girls are on to CPAP soon and keep fighting the infections.

Sincerely,
Casey in CA

Sarah Furlough said...

Hang in there, it will get easier. In the meantime, you are in my prayers!

www.furloughfamily.com

Anonymous said...

So I have to talk about the positive things first because I'm a few blogs behind... 2 pounds - that's wonderful news! Dr. McFoxy? I'm not sure how you got him to leave those scrubs at the hospital after you gave him that title (or if he's actively making a name tag so he can walk the hospital floors with that name,) but I LOVE IT! Now on a serious note, Livia has definitely been holding her own over what seemed to be more serious infection so hopefully whatever Nina is showing signs of is just what they're thinking it is and nothing will develop. We'll be thinking and praying for all of you today! Love, Sheryl, Eric and Erin.