We are overwhelmed by the comments received on this blog. Thanks to all.
Today was not an easy day- walking into the NICU seeing a new baby in Georgia's area was absolutely heartbreaking. We may ask to move the girls into another area in the NICU b/c it's just too much.
Nina is doing great on her CPAP. She is up to 1 pound 8 oz and she is doing well with her feedings. She is getting a little over 3 oz of milk a day spaced out over 24 hrs. Nina hates a dirty diaper and lets the nurses know by squirming around and basically setting the monitor off b/c she desats.
Livia is on 4 antibiotics and her feeds have stopped for now b/c they was to rule out infection and NEC.
So far her cultures have come back negative. They have started back her TPN and lipids and put back an arterial line b/c they are taking more blood than before for tests. They did a stomach xray and Dr said it looked OK so God Willing she'll be OK. Her coloring is good and she's as feisty as ever.
I wish I could fast-forward to July and have the girls home safely. I hate this part of our lives. I hate watching our babies through a glass house not knowing what will happen from day to day. I hate that we have no control over their fate. I hate that we have to say goodbye to our precious daughter who we love so much.
We need Nina and Livia to hold on and come home with us.
7 comments:
Judith and Jason
What strength the two of you are showing. I can't imagine what it was like tonight to see another baby in Georgia's place. It seems so wrong. Today must have been the worst.
I am thinking of you all of the time and wish there was something I could do to help the pain.
The other girls need you and I will pray that the coming days become easier.
Love
Liz
Judith & Jason,
I am praying that God gives you strength during this time and the ability to continue being hopeful, as hard as it may be right now, that Livia and Nina will make it home to you. Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss.
Sincerely,
Casey Quilao
Saying we are so sorry for your loss cannot begin to express our feelings. We will continue to pray that Livia and Nina get stronger and healthier every day. We think of you and the girls every day.
Theresa, Alex and Logan
We can't imagine the pain you are feeling and we hate that you are going through this. We love you guys and we're praying that thise 2 little girls stay strong, just like their mom and dad!
ox The Engle's
As everyone else has been saying, we can't imagine how incredibly difficult this is for you guys - just going through this day by day and having to stay strong with all of the unknowns is something I can't even fathom. There is nothing we can say to make you feel better - we can only tell you that we are thinking of you guys every day, almost constantly. Nina and Livia - you girls be strong for your Mommy and Daddy. Georgia is watching and praying too, I'm sure, and hopefully is giving them strength from a more powerful place. We all love you and are here for you.
Sheryl, Eric and Erin
Judith and Jason,
I can't imagine what you're going through, but you two are amazing people and you're doing the best thing ever, being positive and strong for little Livia and Nina. My heart goes out to you, Georgia's definitely watching over you guys now from a better place. You're in my prayers, hopefully everything will get better soon.
Love,
Neveen
Dear Jason and Judith,
Our condolences to the two of you on the loss of your daughter. We pray for Nina and Livia, that they continue to get stronger everyday.
Sincerely,
Joel Quattrone - on behalf of
Dickinson College Football
Post a Comment