Last night Nina's nurse weaned her to 21%O2 (room air) so today Dr Cleary said let's try her without the cannula, so around 2 pm, for the very first time in her life, Nina was breathing on her own without any assistance. (Nurse Karen left the tape on her face just in case) but Nina is doing great so far on her own. We are so proud of her. Nina is weighing in at 3.5 pounds and hopefully tomorrow after the GI study, she can eat.
Triplet girls born March 11, 2007 at 24 weeks. Georgia Mary 1lb 2oz,Nina Rose 1lb 3oz, Livia May 1lb 1oz... Georgia and Livia both died of NEC. Nina came home after 14 weeks (102 days) Wanted to give Nina a sibling...May 2009 delivered our full term son sleeping....Turning to Domestic Open Adoption to complete our family
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Day 80- Rally time
Last night Nina's nurse weaned her to 21%O2 (room air) so today Dr Cleary said let's try her without the cannula, so around 2 pm, for the very first time in her life, Nina was breathing on her own without any assistance. (Nurse Karen left the tape on her face just in case) but Nina is doing great so far on her own. We are so proud of her. Nina is weighing in at 3.5 pounds and hopefully tomorrow after the GI study, she can eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
32 comments:
Yay!
That is one beautiful little girl!
Woo Hoo! I'm so happy for all of you! I don't know you, and I live in Illinois. I'm the mother of a 12 year old daughter and stumbled across your blog randomly. I'm hooked on cheering Nina on. Tell that little girl, Go!! Best wishes, J. Ford
Way to go Nina! Keep up the good work!
Alexa
That is wonderful news!
It brought a big smile to my face as I'm sure it did to yours! She looks like such a "big girl" breathing on her own. And as a previous poster said, she is beautiful.
Such a beautiful little girl!!
Keep up the good work, Nina!
Diane Z.
Great Job Nina! You go girl! You are on your way; keep up the hard work.
Betsy
Hey Fox Family,
Wow, that is such awesome news!! A good lower GI series and now no SCUBA gear! Nina is proving to be one determined little girl. What a tough cookie. We think about you all the time and pray for all good things to come to little Nina.
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen
This is WONDERFUL news! Go Nina!
Melissa
Wonderful, wonderful news - keep on truckin' Nina!
Such a great sight! (Maybe tomorrow you can take the little Phillies hat and put it on her rally-cap style!?) Keep it up Nina!
Amy (Brau)
Great job, Nina-it's a big step! Good luck with the GI test tomorrow. We're thinking and praying for you all.
Love, Karen & Frank
That is awesome! Keep it up Nina. You are such an amazing little girl.
Nina, I am sure you already know this, but you have two amazing parents!!!
We love you Fox Family!
Jennifer and Eric
Wow - that was such a wonderful post! I was so overwhelmed with emotion - I can only imagine how happy you guys were to finally see Nina reach this milestone! Eric, Erin and I are both so happy for Nina. As everyone else has said - she is a beautiful baby and she has two beautiful, strong, wonderful parents!
You go, girl!
Keep it up, Nina.
We are thinking of you every day.
Sue and Psycho
Avery and Jack
Judith & Jason,
Wow, Nina is soooo beautiful! She looks very happy and healthy. We will all continue to pray for you guys. Our hearts are with you all!
Love, Carolyn McCauley & Family
Judith & Jason,
Wow, Nina is soooo beautiful! She looks very happy and healthy. We will all continue to pray for you guys. Our hearts are with you all!
Love, Carolyn McCauley & Family
Little Nina is in my prayers! I pray that His mighty hand would rest upon her and on the doctors and staff caring for her so that she can go home healthy and happy real soon! I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your precious daughters. You are in my prayers as well...I can't even imagine what you must be going through. God Bless! Tina, Mommy to 3 boys in Indiana
Leaps and Bounds for Nina today... We're so proud of her. Addy came off cannula at day 57 (the second time) and we're being discharged on day 77... Keep it up Nina! Adelina wants you to bust out of there.
Great job, Nina!
What wonderful news - brought a few happy tears to my eyes! : )
-Jen M.
We're cheering you all on!! Nina is such a cutie pie. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers.
The Thorntons
Yeah Nina!!!! What a beautiful face she has without the nasal cannula on it. I'm hoping that her last GI study goes smoothly. It has been my experience that a baby with major GI issues does not do very well off of the vent, and certainly doesn't come off all O2 altogether! She is now fighting the fight for her sisters too. Keep it up Nina.
Cora (from PBM)
Yea Nina, you go girl!!!! That's so exciting! Keep up the great work!
Emily
She looks so big and sweet in her picture. Keep up the good work Nina!
Stacey
yahoo! Wonderful news. So happy to hear this.
Amy Gelb
It is just great to see her beautiful face!
You go Girl... I am cheering for you every step of the way... I am so happy and so excited fo you and your family..
Sending Hugs from Massachusetts..
xoxox
Jessie
Go Nina, Go Nina!!! - She's so pretty :)- Niki and Joe
Congrats on a big step Nina, keep up the progress!!!!!!
-Luke & Family
This update made my day. Nina looks really good. I'm thinking of you guys!
Amy
She's beautiful! Praying that today's test result come back with good results. I'm sure they will.
What wonderful news! I love the pictures of Nina. She looks so adorable. I really enjoyed hearing that Nina's test went well and she is breathing on her own. That is fantastic!
Lots of Love,
Bekki
Post a Comment