Judith and I would like to send a special thanks to our employers, Verispan and Cenlar. Not only have they been so supportive of every aspect of our journey so far but they have been very understanding and have stressed to us that family comes first. THANK YOU!!!!
Well, today has been a whirlwind. We both put in a few hours of work and then it was on from there. First a trip to Babies R' Us for bottles, nipples, bassinet sheets etc. Then to the hospital for a feeding, training on the O2 and apnea monitors we will be using, another feeding and watch a car seat safety video. Unfortunately Nina did not pass her car seat test, she studied really hard but no luck. I guess she will be going to Slippery Rock and not Dickinson! For the first few weeks Nina will have to use a car bed, after some last minute scrambling we found one -- thanks to big sister Amy and Grand mom for getting us a car bed and bringing it down to us. What stinks it that we have a really cool car seat that will have to wait to be used.
Tomorrow is the big day. Most likely she will be discharged in the afternoon and then she is all ours. Stay tuned for a special retrospective of our time at AMH, Nina herself wants to be involved so it will be extra special.
Here is a picture from tonight, Judith and I giving Nina her first big girl bath:
35 comments:
So So happy for you guys! Now the fun the begins!
Good luck, guys! We're thrilled that you are taking Nina home tomorrow and we look forward to hearing about your adventures.
Congratulations!
YEAH!- Go Nina!
Congrats! that's great news!
HOORAY! I couldn't be more thrilled for you.
CONGRATULATIONS FOX FAMILY!
I'm crying tears of joy for this most fantastic news! Good Luck with your brand new beginning...
LOVE and PRAYERS,
Kristin, Chris and Owen
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Alexa
YAY!
I'm so excited for the three of you!
Nina's a really lucky girl to have such great parents and now she gets to spend time with you 24/7! Just don't be surprised if she wants most of that quality time to be at night :)
Please let me know if you need anything!
Melissa L
Congratulations on bringing Nina home I know how exciting that is. Wish you all the best of luck.
Wow, I am so happy for the three of you!!! Enjoy every moment and I wish Nina a wonderful homecoming!!!
Emily D
Congratulations on bringing Nina home! Now the 'real fun' begins!!!
-Jen M.
YAY! We are so happy that Nina is finally going home. You guys are going to do wonderful, she is a very lucky girl.
Stacey
We couldn't be happier for both of you.
Congratulations and welcome home Nina! And no matter what your Daddy says there is NOTHING wrong with the Rock! Can't wait to hang out with you. Amy (Brau)
I am so happy for you to be bringing Nina home. I look forward to hearing more updates when you are settled in at home!
We are so excited and happy for you guys! We're glad she finally gets to come home.
Watch out world because here comes "Nina Fox"! (I can see that name in lights - maybe she'll be a movie star!)
Joe & Niki Malone
We are so happy and excited for all of you! May this be just the beginning of many more good things to come:o)
Betsy
It's been a long journey for all of you but the outcome is so rewarding. Congratulations and good luck!
Sandy B.
Everyone at my office is so excited (I give them weekly Nina updates)! I can't tell you how happy I am for both of you. There will be many sleepless nights to come, but along with them will come the sweet relief of holding your daughter in your own home.
Go Home Nina and STAY THERE. Best of luck - tomorrow will be a total whirlwind... Let the games begin!
Yahoo!!! I am so happy for all of you! Tears of joy are wonderful and so are you guys. Everyone worked hard and prayed hard for this day. Way to go, Judith, Jason, Nina, nurses, and doctors. WELCOME HOME, NINA!
Lots of Love,
Bekki
That is so exciting. We are so happy for your family. We look forward to hearing how "smooth" it goes. Take care, we are thinking of you.
steph and nate
What fabulous news!!! We are so happy and excited for you! Love you!-Karen & Frank
ohmygoodness, you guys! I'm so excited for you!!! *wipes tears*
What great news! Congratulations on bringing Nina home.
Vicki Russell (Karen's sister)
Yay, today's the day! I'm so happy for you guys.
Congratulations!
Kim
This is such wonderful news, and I am thrilled beyond words for you. I've been following your story for a while now and had to add my excitement to your post. Way to go Nina, and congratulations mom and dad! :-D
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy every moment with your precious little girl..........
Diane Z.
Such great news!!!!! Way to go Nina!!!!
I have been following your story and I am so happy for you all. We only spent 68 days in the NICU. You have an awesome family.
We're so happy for you! Congrats Nina!!!!!
Luke Harris & Family
We are so happy for you - Nina reminds us all what matters in life. Enjoy this wonderful Summer girl !
love the Hardings
So so happy for all of you.
We will continue to pray for you.
Our Love
Terry and Sandy Fouts
I am so happy to hear your great news. Enjoy being a family!
Linda Hoffman
Oh my goodness! thats GREAT news! I am so happy! I can't wait to see her at home!
Post a Comment