I sat here and googled "mircopreemies" and came up with one blog and from that site I found others. I found lots about kids born 23-26 weeks.. These parents were so proud of the small victories their babies were making. I wondered if parents of term infants threw a party when their baby would take a spoon full of food or sit up unassisted like these moms did. Maybe all parents did this, but not all blogged about it daily. It was so cool to read about other 24 weekers doing amazing normal baby stuff only months after being hooked up to vent.
I am now one of these moms. I celebrate every day with Nina. I blog about her life because she is amazing to me. Watching her eat a cheerio is a big deal to me. Seeing her squeal with delight when her Dad walks in the room warms my heart. Being a 24 weeker is when Nina was born , but I do not want it to define the person she is becoming. My hope is a new preemie mom will stumble upon this blog and find a small piece of hope from Nina's story.
I always think of how it would be if Georgia and Livia were here, it would be a circus for sure, and it would be insanely different. We think of them often especially these days approaching their first birthday. I've said this before and I do believe with all my heart that those sweet babies are living on through Nina. I believe Nina is doing so well because of them. I do believe that. Through this year, I found that in order to make it, one must believe.

So as I reflect on this past year, I must thank all the preemie moms out there. Thanks for the support only you could provide. I celebrate all your small victories with your children and thank you for checking in on Nina.
6 comments:
And we celebrate all three of your beautiful girls with you! That was a beautiful post Judith...very well said.
I don't really know what to say. What a beautiful post.
My preemie is now 4 years old, but I just now found all these blogs, and I have to admit, I have become addicted to them. I just left a long post on Liz's sight to tell her and all of you how much you have meant to me - even though mine is older now. I wonder sometimes if I am trying to somehow make how lonely it was at the time better by reading about you all now. I guess I can't explain why, but I read about your babies every day. And I often think of Georgia and Olivia, as I struggle still so much over the loss of my daughter's twin. So just know that whether you mention your other two girls by name or not, in every single post I read about Nina, I think of Georgia and Olivia.
What a wonderful post, Judith! I am thinking of you and your 3 amazing girls. I too believe that Georgia and Livia live on through Nina.
Thinking of you all this week, I know it is very bittersweet. I am here if you need anything!
You and Nina have brought so much joy to me, and I am not a micropreemie mom, but a sister of a micropreemie who was born almost 17 years ago. Nina's story brings a lot of joy to us, and we pray for her every day!
Thanks for sharing Nina, Livia and Georgia with us. I know any preemie mom who stumbles across your blog will be inspired by the strength you have shown throughout the past year. I look forward to watching Nina grow:)
Post a Comment