I have been meaning to put a new post out here for a few weeks, just really not feeling up to it.So it's been a month since our baby died.
We are getting through it b/c we have to... some days are better than others and that sorta stuff. I really do not like when people ask me how I am doing...it's just like stirring the pot of shit that is my state of mind. But then when people do not bring it up, I wonder why not...it's just me...I want to control everything... what crap.
So Nina is doing great. Early Intervention wanted to close the book on her, but I told them that I would like the specialists to come out to check her out to make sure I am not missing any red flags.
She talks up a storm, knows her ABC's and can count to 11. She knows tons of animals and objects and characters and will point and say their names, however she really stinks at her colors. She can run, but not jump yep....She is not even 2 years adjusted.
I really think she is doing awesome, but who knows.
So next month we are having OT, Speech and PT come on out to check Nina.
So I guess all I want to talk about on here tonight.
9 comments:
You don't have to day anything, Judith, I'm just glad to see Miss Nina. I imagine she's bringing some sunshine on dark days.
Still thinking of you!
I agree with Sarah completely! Well said! I'm thinking about you, also!
So good to hear your voice again Judith. Been thinking of you at this desparately sad time.
Nice to see you back. Hard to believe a month has gone by. Such a difficult time. Lots of love to you.
I feel bad because yesterday I posted that I keep checking back for a post from you. I'm sorry. :( I won't ask anymore- but just know that I'm thinking of you. ((Hugs))
Unbelievable...I started reading your blog back in May of 2007 and check in on Nina every once in a while (one of my triplets had a case of NEC in May of '06 and once I read your story I couldn't get your family off of my mind).
I "checked in" on you guys earlier this spring and was so happy to hear of your pregnancy...I was SHOCKED to read your most recent posts. How completely UNFAIR. I just can't get over it.
You and your family will definelty be in my prayers.
I just wish I knew what to say.
Ugh...this is awful :(
Hugs and prayers...
Wow - Nina IS doing great. I can't believe she can do all that stuff. That's amazing. You should be very, very proud.
I second keeping up with the EI. Our girls have been doing so well, but just now, at 2, we are starting to notice little things and are adding more therapies - speech and OT for Abby. I think you should keep them checking her out as long as possible.
I'm so glad she's doing well and you guys are doing as well as can be expected. You should be proud of you too:-)
Thinking of you... Nina is beautiful.
It is hard to believe a month has gone by. Still thinking of you and praying each day. Too, I am so overjoyed that Nina is doing so well!
Post a Comment